Account Manager - API Customers
RapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace. Our mission is to enable developers and businesses to easily find, test, and integrate with any API. RapidAPI is used by over 500,000 developers all around the world, and offers over 8000 APIs (and growing).
We’re looking for an Account Manager to form and own relationships with developers and businesses using the RapidAPI platform to consume APIs. You’ll contact high-potential inbound leads, qualify them and help them leverage the RapidAPI platform. You’ll also tailor and negotiate terms and pricing with those customers.
You’ll also own the ongoing relationship with those customers, addressing any needs / concerns they may have. Overtime, you should develop an understanding of their business and be able to offer more APIs that could be helpful to them.
You’ll be the first API-consumer facing account manager in the RapidAPI. Thus, you’ll also get the opportunity to structure a lot of the processes and systems we use and to define the culture for future team members. We’re looking for someone agile & self starting, who enjoy writing the playbook and not just following it.
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to stay close to customers at a fast-moving startup. An ideal candidate will have relevant experience in account management or customer success in the developer / API space. Bonus points for experience in developer relations and marketing. Do you want to work closely with big-name companies to provide expert advice and solve some of their toughest problems? You will also be part of the founding team in this office; do you get excited about things like defining culture and process? If so, you may be the Account Manager we’re looking for!
- 2-4 years experience in a sales/ customer success /account management role
- Prioritize customer experience with a focus on customer happiness and retention
- Drive to understand clients’ business goals, anticipate future needs and identify solutions
- A team player with high level of integrity and desire to assist your tribe - you can be flexible as this office scales
- Proven capacity to develop relationships and optimize customer accounts, understand what it means to evangelize your product
- Comfortable engaging with business leaders to thoughtfully help them identify opportunities to expand our footprint and depth of engagement with the marketplace
- Experience creating pricing proposals and negotiating contracts